Costume For The (Yummiest) Day
Here is what I will be wearing today in order to pack away a metric ton of vegan chow:
– Stretchy pants with elastic waist-band and draw-strings for easy tummy expansion
– Loose comfy t-shirt
– What I lovingly refer to as my “house-shoes.” They also double as “airport-shoes,” and triple as “getting-the-mail-shoes.” I actually have three pair.
And here is what I will be eating:
– Homemade Coconut Butternut Squash soup with a fried sage leaf garnish (I’m making this one up – basically roasting the squash and then throwing in into the food-processor with a can of coconut milk and voilà!)
– Oyster mushroom, brussels sprout bake (similar to Green-Bean Casserole – this recipe is out of this world!) with crispy onions on top
– Homemade easy biscuits from How It All Vegan!
– Root vegetables baked around a Field Roast Vegetarian Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute
– Vegan apple walnut fritter hand-pies (amended from the Vegan Pie in the Sky book)
Love you, mean it
Every single dollar matters to us—especially now when media is under constant threat. Your support is essential and your generosity is why Wear Your Voice keeps going! You are a part of the resistance that is needed—uplifting Black and brown feminists through your pledges is the direct community support that allows us to make more space for marginalized voices. For as little as $1 every month you can be a part of this journey with us. This platform is our way of making necessary and positive change, and together we can keep growing.