Costume For The (Yummiest) Day
Here is what I will be wearing today in order to pack away a metric ton of vegan chow:
– Stretchy pants with elastic waist-band and draw-strings for easy tummy expansion
– Loose comfy t-shirt
– What I lovingly refer to as my “house-shoes.” They also double as “airport-shoes,” and triple as “getting-the-mail-shoes.” I actually have three pair.
And here is what I will be eating:
– Homemade Coconut Butternut Squash soup with a fried sage leaf garnish (I’m making this one up – basically roasting the squash and then throwing in into the food-processor with a can of coconut milk and voilà!)
– Oyster mushroom, brussels sprout bake (similar to Green-Bean Casserole – this recipe is out of this world!) with crispy onions on top
– Homemade easy biscuits from How It All Vegan!
– Root vegetables baked around a Field Roast Vegetarian Hazelnut Cranberry Roast En Croute
– Vegan apple walnut fritter hand-pies (amended from the Vegan Pie in the Sky book)
Love you, mean it