Costume For The Day
Let’s hear it for the boysssssssss… Section… For clothes…
Honestly the only place that I’ve been shopping lately is the Men’s section of Target and Thrift Stores (all sections – cause I’m a Thrift-Whore)(I really like the term Thrift-Whore). I don’t know if it’s the present state of women’s apparel or if I’m just really getting into the men’s wear trend? All I know is that I constantly want to wear a button-up, oxfords, and a bow-tie.
/-/ Costume For The Day \-\
– Thrifted navy button-up shirt from the men’s department – buttoned all the way up
– Thrifted cotton-knit over-sized boyfriend cardigan with actual wooden buttons (It’s missing one button – I still have it – I just have yet to re-sew it on). This sweater is amazing – unfortunately it kept throwing up little cotton-pills onto my black pants all day. I used a lint roller like 18 times that day.
– Black skinny Levis that are a bit too big and gap in the waist, or show off my butt-crack when I bend over.
– Maroon/black buffalo check scarf
– Gold bar stud-earrings
– Antique suede oxford shoes that I assume were brown once (Though, I never had them when they were) and have now turned an olivey-green with sun-exposure
– Stripey ankle socks that you could see between my pants & shoes
/-/ Not Pictured \-\
– Beautiful new jacket from the men’s department of Target. It’s a twofer: green canvas body with black faux-leather arms. It also has a sherpa-lined hood for extra soft-i-tude ^_^
Love you, mean it
Every single dollar matters to us—especially now when media is under constant threat. Your support is essential and your generosity is why Wear Your Voice keeps going! You are a part of the resistance that is needed—uplifting Black and brown feminists through your pledges is the direct community support that allows us to make more space for marginalized voices. For as little as $1 every month you can be a part of this journey with us. This platform is our way of making necessary and positive change, and together we can keep growing.