Costume For The Day
This past weekend I had an art opening at Paxton Gate Curiosities for Kids. It’s a shop I’ve been wanting to show art at for a really long time now and I want to thank everyone who made it out for the opening – you are special amazing snowflakes. It was definitely a little life achievement.
BUT ENOUGH WITH THE MUSHY STUFF. Let’s get down to brass tacks: what I wore to the opening.
Costume For The Day:
– Vintage Betsey Johnson snap-front 90s dress that’s half stretch jersey and half transparent chiffon, and 100% AMAZE-BALLZ.
– Simple black slip worn underneath. It peeked out a bit at the top. Ya know, for funsies.
– Light blue Swedish Hasbeens lace up boots – these shits are hell-of comfortable. I highly recommend getting on that.
– Gold cicada earrings by Erica Weiner
– Gold acorn pendant choker necklace
– Long gold tannis root globe (replica from Rosemary’s Baby)
Love you, mean it
Every single dollar matters to us—especially now when media is under constant threat. Your support is essential and your generosity is why Wear Your Voice keeps going! You are a part of the resistance that is needed—uplifting Black and brown feminists through your pledges is the direct community support that allows us to make more space for marginalized voices. For as little as $1 every month you can be a part of this journey with us. This platform is our way of making necessary and positive change, and together we can keep growing.