Okaaay dokaaay! Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can finally get pumped about Christmas with a clean conscience. Oh, hello, 24/7 Christmas music radio station, have you missed me as much as I’ve missed you? You haven’t, that’s not possible. I’ve missed you and pine scented candles more than words can say. Um…anyway. The holidays are…interesting for me because I love, love, love giving people presents, but I hate waiting. I have been known to crack under pressure and blurt out what I’ve gotten people. It’s happened. No lie. Hm…not sure where I was going with that. Oh! Right. So that being said, and I know this is totally crazy, I like receiving presents too. And every year I write a letter to Santa including my list…and, of course, updates on anything going on in my personal life (gotta keep Santa current).
Here are the beauty products that made the cut to my Christmas List.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette ($54, Sephora). I’ve been living Naked Palatte-less for far too long and I can’t take it anymore. I CAN’T LIVE LIKE THIS. After carefully studying the three beautiful Naked palettes that Urban Decay has to offer, I’ve decided that Naked 2 is the one for me. It has a great balance of warm and cool neutral tones that will make the day-to-night transition flawless. Pluuus, it comes with an awesome double sided brush for all your application and blending needs. Plus plus, the balance of tones means there are shades for everyone! Which meeeaaans it’s also the perfect palette for makeovers!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20, Sephora). Some of us have oily eyelids. Some of us, I’m not going to name any names (me), just want our shadow to last all day without creasing. Is that really too much to ask? Nah! And errybody in da club loves this shadow primer. So, obviously, it’s going on my Chrimbus list so I can go big with the Naked palette…that I hopefully get. No jinx.
- Fresh Sugar Lemon Shower Gel ($19, Sephora).
I am in love Fresh’s Sugar Lemon scent. Send any and everything in that line my way, Santa, please and thank you. Soaps with yummy scents that stay on your skin long after you finish showering are my jim-JAM. That being said, I have found an olfactory haven in Mistral soaps and the Fresh Sugar Lemon Shower Gel.
- Skincare by Feleciai Brown Sugar Lemon Scrub ($18, skincarebyfeleciai.com).
This is the best sugar scrub ever in the history of ever, ladies and gents. Aaand it’s made in Oakland! What whaaat? You tryin’ to exfoliate and soften your skin as well as supporting local business this holiday season?! Then, boy howdy, you better get your cute self on Feleciai’s website or find her at a Bay Area farmer’s market.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Honey ($23, Sephora). Another product that I have lived far too long without. I want this nude color because, if I get the Naked palette (hopeful Laura is hopeful), I foresee myself playin’ up the eyes a little more in my future.
This list could go on for days, but these are the my top picks. So many people think gift cards are lame gifts, but…a Sephora gift card? That’s the Holy Grail of gift cards for the beauty slash skincare lover in your life.
But, before you sprint to the closest Sephora, because obviously you were about to do that, here’s “What I Should’ve Said”, except I actually said it this time: