Guest Blogger – Megan Lynn Kott – “Costume For The Day”
I began today, like I begin most days: not trusting the weather.
Bay Area weather is a most fickle mistress. Being from the midwest, I thought her grey mornings promised grey, dismal days. Instead most of it burns off by noon and you’re left with a pullover, scarf and light jacket that are entirely unnecessary by the time you leave work at 5:30 or 6. So I started to try and trust my weather app. ALSO UNRELIABLE. The forecast will say 72 & sunny. And I swear to Odin and all of Asgard that it’s 84 frigging degrees and so sweltering I should probably just run around in my undies… So when my weather app said 77 today – I knew not to screw around – because it could well turn out to be 55 or 90 million. So I wore a tank top, a 3/4 sleeve top, and a cardigan. The latter two never saw the light (or heat) of day.
LAYERS PEOPLE, LAYERS!
Costume for the Day:
– Slate grey, ribbed tank with embroidered chest applique (Urban Outfitters)
– Horizontal striped, high-waist, circle skirt with side button closure (made by a friend at FIDM)
– Thigh-high, blue-heather, ribbed socks (Urban Outfitters)
– Mocassin shoes (traded for in a clothing exchange)
– Hand-made earrings of repurposed, scrap leather and armadillo charms (yes, that’s right, armadillos)(Hand-made by me).
– Black, ribbed, gauze-weave, cardigan
– Horizontally striped white & blue box-top with 3/4 sleeves
Love you, mean it
Every single dollar matters to us—especially now when media is under constant threat. Your support is essential and your generosity is why Wear Your Voice keeps going! You are a part of the resistance that is needed—uplifting Black and brown feminists through your pledges is the direct community support that allows us to make more space for marginalized voices. For as little as $1 every month you can be a part of this journey with us. This platform is our way of making necessary and positive change, and together we can keep growing.