“Am I too old to get my nose pierced again?” I asked my husband a few weeks ago.
I had my nostril pierced for most of my twenties – and now (almost) in my mid-30s I wondered if that was appropriate. When we were young my mother would catch sight of a lady who was wearing some crazy outfit and deem her “too old” to be wearing such a thing. I wondered if I was now that lady dressed in a short-skirt & ripped up tights. Am I too old for a nose ring I asked myself?
I decided that idea was silly. I don’t think you are ever too old to make decisions that go against the visual grain. And honestly, a piercing is waaaayyyyy lower impact then getting (another) tattoo of a slice of pizza (that’s right kittens & kiddettes – I have a pizza tattoo)(I know. I’m my hero too). You are only as old as you feel – and I still feel 13. SO, in honor of that, I’ve decided that 2015 is the year of 33 going on 13. This year, I will try not to worry if I am too old to wear t-shirts with dinosaurs on them and just throw it on over my mini-skirt & ripped up tights (ooh – cute outfit idea!) and get my nose pierced anyway.
Best Costume For The Day:
– Egyptian motif black cotton shift-dress that was clearly meant to be a Halloween costume (thrifted)
– Brown American Apparel boyfriend cardigan
– Suede moccasins I got from a clothing exchange (I love the crap out of these)
– Crystal & chain earrings my friend made for me
– Bronze colored septum ring (Courtesy of the amazing & talented Andrea from Industrial Tattoo & Piercing in Berkeley)(I give her 18 stars)
– Chiffon floral head-scarf (not-pictured)
Love you, mean it