10 of the Funniest Tweets From The Met Gala
This year’s Met Gala theme was Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo, but the theme on Twitter was laughs and more laughs.
Every year, New York’s Metropolitan Museum Of Art hosts its annual fundraising gala, AKA the Met Gala. It’s undoubtedly one of fashion’s biggest nights of year, and this year’s theme was Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo. Celebrities showed up dressed to the nines in their interpretations of the theme, and per usual, Twitter went in on the attendees. Check out some of the most hilarious tweets and have yourself a laugh today.
1. Rihanna is always pushing the limits of art and style and kills it every time.
Me: I think I finally have my allergies under control
— Sh🍽n (@_fagneto) May 2, 2017
2. A bad gal will do that to you.
— Fashion Papi (@Thynative) May 2, 2017
3. Kylie keeps appropriating her entire aesthetic from Black women and fails.
the original movie vs. the straight-to-VHS sequel pic.twitter.com/acAyNHpp06
— Marc (@MarcSnetiker) May 1, 2017
4. Diddy out here giving us meme content for all of May.
me: it's time to get up and go to work
also me: pic.twitter.com/lrAsUp1nEI
— ziwe (@ziwe) May 2, 2017
5. Creepin in style.
when I'm 115 weeks deep into his social media trying to figure out if he has a girlfriend pic.twitter.com/Yid6scOsI9
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) May 1, 2017
6. Don’t act like you’re not out here trying to stunt on your ex, too.
Bella: So I'm going to be running into my ex with his new gf for the first time…
Alex Wang: Say no more, fam. pic.twitter.com/4UBMnH06mN
— Alyssa Vingan Klein (@alyssavingan) May 2, 2017
7. Look, I know I don’t shit about fashion, but I can’t help myself.
— B (@melaninboi) May 2, 2017
8. That fuckboy-free glow-up.
— Tre'vell Anderson (@TrevellAnderson) May 2, 2017
9. Taylor’s been hiding from the public eye for so long we almost forgot what she looks like.
— ` (@TheLionBey) May 1, 2017
Screaming @ Lala having rings on every finger but one pic.twitter.com/K33s7jVv7h
— Arya Anthony Stark (@InejAlina) May 2, 2017