10 Ijeoma Umebinyuo Quotes that will Set your Soul on Fire
Ijeoma Umebinyuo, author of Questions for Ada, speaks life into our hearts and minds through her mastery of the written word. Although she acknowledges pain, she refuses to forget a woman’s capacity for restoration. Here are 11 of her quotes that will set your soul on fire no matter what mood you’re in.
1. When You Feel Like Procrastinating.
2. When You’re Praying They’ll Text Back.
3. When You’re Learning to Love Yourself as You Are.
4. When You’re Feeling Like #Blackgirlmagic.
5. When You’re Feeling Fine AF.
6. When You’re Collecting Jars of White Tears.
7. When You’re Battling Childhood Demons.
8. When You Begin to Feel Like You’re Not Enough.
9. When You Decide to Reclaim Your Throne and Stunt on These Hoes.
10. And Finally, When you Realize That You are Your Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams and Speaking Your Dreams Into Existence is Your Greatest act of Self-Love.
Every single dollar matters to us—especially now when media is under constant threat. Your support is essential and your generosity is why Wear Your Voice keeps going! You are a part of the resistance that is needed—uplifting Black and brown feminists through your pledges is the direct community support that allows us to make more space for marginalized voices. For as little as $1 every month you can be a part of this journey with us. This platform is our way of making necessary and positive change, and together we can keep growing.