I began today, like I begin most days: not trusting the weather.
Bay Area weather is a most fickle mistress. Being from the midwest, I thought her grey mornings promised grey, dismal days. Instead most of it burns off by noon and you’re left with a pullover, scarf and light jacket that are entirely unnecessary by the time you leave work at 5:30 or 6. So I started to try and trust my weather app. ALSO UNRELIABLE. The forecast will say 72 & sunny. And I swear to Odin and all of Asgard that it’s 84 frigging degrees and so sweltering I should probably just run around in my undies… So when my weather app said 77 today – I knew not to screw around – because it could well turn out to be 55 or 90 million. So I wore a tank top, a 3/4 sleeve top, and a cardigan. The latter two never saw the light (or heat) of day.
LAYERS PEOPLE, LAYERS!
Costume for the Day:
– Slate grey, ribbed tank with embroidered chest applique (Urban Outfitters)
– Horizontal striped, high-waist, circle skirt with side button closure (made by a friend at FIDM)
– Thigh-high, blue-heather, ribbed socks (Urban Outfitters)
– Mocassin shoes (traded for in a clothing exchange)
– Hand-made earrings of repurposed, scrap leather and armadillo charms (yes, that’s right, armadillos)(Hand-made by me).
– Black, ribbed, gauze-weave, cardigan
– Horizontally striped white & blue box-top with 3/4 sleeves
Love you, mean it