This past weekend a few girlfriends & I made our maiden voyage to Joshua Tree, CA. We made the mistake of driving the whole way, with only the intent of spending the weekend there – but besides that minor hiccup – it was magical. Mostly because I was in the company of some amazing ladies.
Things we did in Joshua Tree include, but are not limited to: hiking the Lost Horse Mine trail, making delicious food in our rental, visiting the Cactus Garden, being in awe of Pinto Basin, getting a raw behind due to hiking while wearing scratchy pants & a thong, seeing so many stars, drinking wine, window shopping thrift-stores that were closed (sad face), got angry at kids who tagged rocks, walked around town, laughed a lot, and told tons of stories. It was a pretty great weekend and I plan on going again – especially since it’s now a life-goal to get a sound bath!
Costume For The Day:
Here is what I wore on our hike:
– Levis Black Skinny Jeans that turned my butt into raw-hide (Note: do NOT buy jeans at outlets – no matter how cheap)
– Carmine colored tank-top (you gotta layer in the desert)
– Vintage frisbee championship t-shirt that was my dad’s – this shirt contains many (many) holes (Note: the championship was sponsored by Stroh’s)
– Red & blue flannel button-up from Urban Outfitters
– Black & green Vegan Asics that were exclusive to Shoebiz a few years ago
– A straw hat we bought at a gas station/liquor store en route to Joshua Tree
– Sun-block because I am the palest ghost
– Ring necklace by Erica Weiner
– Rattlesnake bone necklace my sister got for me for my birthday (Note: I’ve been wearing this ALL of the time – and I’m not just saying that because she’s reading this – I actually really DO wear it all of the time – Hi Sis!)
Love you, mean it