That is the question.
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous paleness
Or to take arms against a sea of ivory,
And by opposing tan them.
Somebody stop me. These Hamlet/Bronzer puns are out of control. Help.
There’s no such thing as a healthy tan? That’s pretty true, but that doesn’t mean we can’t fake that sexy summer glow. And, heeeeeeell no, I don’t mean fake baking. Pls don’t do dat. Just get some bronzer up on that face!
Application: Ok. So, this is pretty key because you don’t want to look like you’re wearing bronzer, obviously. With a fluffy powder brush, in circular motions, make a “3” from your forehead to your jawline. Be delicate with this, you really don’t want anyone to see the “3”. Then lightly dust the bridge of your nose and each side of your chin.
Also, important. Just because you’re wearing bronzer doesn’t mean you get to skip out on blush, lady. For a beautiful summer glow, brush on that bronzer and get some pretty pink blush right on the apples of your cheeks. Done and done.
Current Favorite Bronzers
- Sephora Matte Bronzing Powder in Los Cabos. This is a great bronzer for subtle HAC (highlighting and contouring) jobs and for fairer skin.
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 03. Perfect bronzer shade for summer. Also has the teeniest hint of a shimmer.
- NYX Mosaic Powder in Truth. Just got this one the other day and I love it. It has the perfect amount of shimmer. It’s the perfect bronzer for your lazy/in-a-hurry makeup day.
- bareMinerals All-Over Face Color in Warmth ($19, Sephora). I really liked this in the summer when I used bareMinerals. But, as I got more pale in the winter, it became way too dark for me and I had to carefully apply it…which, doesn’t work out so well when you’re in a hurry so…I probably looked like Tan Mom once or twice. Yikes.
- Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Light Bronzer ($14, CVS). I haven’t used this in ages, but I loved it because it has little squares of pink for a more well rounded glow. It almost eliminates the extra blush step. But, not really.
Loved Bronzers That I’m Desperate To Try When I Become Less Poor
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer ($28, Sephora)
- The Balm Bahama Mama ($20, thebalm.com)
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed ($30, Sephora)
- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($38, Sephora)
What’s your favorite bronzer?! I really need to know. This is life and death, guys.