Yes. Believe it or not dudes, there is such thing as a lady who loves makeup and also loves camping, hiking and building fires. But, don’t expect her to leave her beauty bag at home.
This week, my family and I are going on a much needed vacation to the beautiful Oregon for plays and camping. Well…it’s really more like glamping since we’ll be in a yurt, but…that’s a technicality.
So because of the nature of the vacation and the sheer size of my beauty bag, I am going to have to do some serious downsizing. But…I can only do so much. Here are the things that are making the cut into MY CAMPING BEAUTY BAG!
- Brow Powder. I never leave the house without fabulizing (seriously, Merriam-Webster, get on my level) my brows.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. Really, you could just bring this and no brow powder because the second darkest shade is great for brows. But, I’m a perfectionist. This palette is great if you’re going into town for the night! It’s easy to use with universally flattering shades.
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara. DUH.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst. Seriously, this is one of my favorite makeup buys of 2014 so far. It’s the most perfect daytime smokey eye and it takes, like, a minute.
- Bare Minerals Blush in True.
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze-03. I got this present after buying too damn much Laura Mercier stuff and I love it. It smells really good too. HOW THE HELL DOES BRONZER SMELL GOOD, HUH?!?! HOWWW.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup.
- Benefit the POREfessional. Best primer I’ve used in a long while.
- Simple Protecting SPF 15 Moisurizer. I’ve not tried this one yet, but I’m unhappy with my CeraVe AM Moisturizer. I discovered Simple products when I studied in London (thank you Nathan, you li’l cutie, and HIII, little Claire!) and was sooo happy that they brought it over to the States.
- Simple Replenishing Moisturizer. Great night time moisturizer.
- Rosewater. A refreshing mist for when you’re feeling dirty.
- My Hemp Seed Oil and Lavender Essential Oil Cleansing Concoction.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
- Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream.
- Tea Tree Oil. Great for disinfecting wounds and any scrapes you may get around the camp ground.
- Lavender. DUH. Also Lavender is great for healing bug bites and repelling mosquitoes!
Oh, I guess I’ll bring a hair brush for when I NEVER brush my hair.
Of course, I won’t be wearing all this every day on the camping portion of the trip. It’s mostly on the days we go into town. But, there you go. Those are my camping/traveling beauty necessities! Happy packing, ladies!