- This nifty little sponge is great for giving your skin a little extra love while you wash your face. It gently exfoliates and the activated charcoal is made up of carbon which attracts the dirt and oils in your skin and draws them out, leaving you with an instantly cleaner feeling. I have both this sponge and a $200 cleaning brush and I have personally been loving the sponge a lot more than the brush these days!
- This soap is cherished by people everywhere. Beauty gurus and non-beauty savvy people alike love Black Soap for its natural ingredients and damn near magical qualities in clearing up acne, hydrating, and combating oily skin all in one bar. Mothers even use this on babies! This particular brand is fair trade and uses ethically sourced ingredients PLUS it’s certified organic.
- I can’t say enough good things about this scrub! For an exfoliation scrub that costs me less than $5, it really exceeds all expectations! I’ve used quite a few of their scrubs (I also like the gently exfoliating oatmeal one) but the Blemish Control is perfect for when my skin is flaring up and needs some extra help. If I get a sudden breakout on my chest, I also use this stuff and it works like a charm!
- Makeup remover, gentle toner, refreshing prep– this micellar water does it all. I especially like to put this on a cotton pad and get off my stubborn eye makeup, especially if I went out that night and have the whole shebang (primer, eyeshadows galore, liquid eyeliner, mascara, etc.). Follow it up with a gentle cleanser and you’re good to go!
- Not an everyday thing, but Biore Strips are great for when you’re tempted to pick at all those pesky blackheads in your nose. Prep by washing, exfoliating, and steaming your face beforehand (whether that means just getting out of the shower or doing it the old fashioned way by putting your face over a hot pot of water*).
*Be careful while using this method and be sure not to hold your face too close to the pot! I like to put a towel or something over my head to hold in the steam.